Tuesday 24 August 2010

Still not back to work

I am still not back to work!! Nitemare.  I had hoped for Monday and then Wednesday but this morning I had to face the reality this is going to take a lot longer to heal than I had planned for.  I have rung the GPs and asked for a sick certificate for another week.  I can't remember the last time I had a sick certificate.  I am hardly ever off sick and then only for one or two days.

I can't even do much paperwork as it is hard to type flat on your back and the pain killers make me a bit drowsy.  I have had a bit of fun playing with a friend's blog.  I would be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed having a bit of "me" time to do creative stuff on the computer and it has opened my eyes to "services" I could provide.

Funny I do miss work alot but it actually makes me think more and more about what I wan't to do in a few years time.  This job is amazing.  I love selling medical equipment to the NHS and offering patients solutions to improve their quality of life but equally it is extremely hard work and alot of pressure.  I am constantly juggling one thing to do another and to be fair have been extremely successful to date.  I also work for an amazing company and my boss is great too.  However it is hard physical work.  I spend alot of time humping boxes in and out of the car and carrying stuff all the way from the car parks.  I am not sure I want to be doing that when I am 50!  I've often dreamed of retiring at 50 but with the way things keep changing who knows when I'll be able to retire!  Still worry not, I've still got 12 years until I'm 50 , although today it feels an awful lot closer.  In fact I feel more like 60!!!

Oh well lets hope tomorrow is alot better than today!

1 comment:

  1. well i really hope 5 yr plan works hunni sounds like a great idea!! sending love n hugs hoping your recovery hurrys up!!
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete